Picture
Last night I went to ACE hardware. (They actually know my name there now.) I bought a 7/16" threaded rod and some nuts and washers. I used the threaded rod as and axle and was able to bolt on the bike wheels. I drove the rod through a wooden frame made of 2X4's I cobbled together in about an hour. The project is a recognizable wheelchair now. I may need to adjust the spacing between the wheels in orde to give the user more room, but the tweaking is rather minimal. Vanessa is working on getting seat cushions ready and preparing a mannequin/scarecrow for our prosthetics demonstration. I will be focusing on attaching the back wheel(s) and working out those simple but inevitable bugs within every project. We are both very pleased with how everything is turning out.

 


Comments




Leave a Reply